Wednesday, March 21, 2012

life in ambleside

This is Ambleside, home to William Wordsworth and plenty of sheep.  When you picture "English countryside," this is it.  It's no wonder that Wordsworth wrote as many beautiful poems as he did.  Today we got to do a few hikes/walks that were really incredible.  I'm proud to say that I was a member of the "sporty six" (those of you who know me are welcome to laugh/faint now) and I hiked to the top of the mountain/hill we climbed.  England doesn't really have mountains, just impressively rocky hills that sometimes feel like mountains when you're climbing them.  I wish I would have remembered my camera because these phone pictures really don't do it justice, but the scenery was breathtaking.  If you're ever planning on going to England, definitely visit the Lake District.

No comments:

Post a Comment