Sunday, March 18, 2012

just another manic sunday

Just in case you're wondering why I can't remember anyone's name in my ward:
Today was a little bit crazy.  We showed up to church in time for me to play the piano for the choir to sing (who's ever heard of a choir singing prelude for ward conference?)  That went okay, so I figured everything would run smoothly.  One speaker before the choir was set to sing again, the primary president pulled us out of sacrament and told us that the primary kids were supposed to sing at the end of sacrament meeting.  This was news to everyone, since we hadn't practiced a single song and had no idea that was happening.  So the choir director was freaking out because apparently singing at ward conference is a big deal here and she said she needed us, and in the mean time we were trying to help the kids learn two songs about mothers.  We managed to get back right as the choir was standing up to sing, so we ran up there and joined in.  Then at the end of the meeting I had to play the two primary songs (which I obviously hadn't practiced before).  But overall, things were okay.

Then we got to primary, where I was supposed to do sharing time.  Sacrament meeting was long though so instead we decided to just break for classes.  The primary president said that I was doing CTR, so I told her that the week before she'd told me that I wasn't teaching a primary class anymore and instead I was doing sharing time.  She insisted that she hadn't said that (luckily the other two BYU girls here with me backed me up), but in the end I had to make up a lesson -- an hour-long lesson.  Let's just say it was a long day.  But luckily I only have two more weeks of teaching primary left!  (I feel kind of bad saying that but honestly, I need a break).  Tomorrow we're heading to the Lake District and then later in the week Scotland, so I may or may not have internet for a while.  If I do have internet, I'll blog.  If not, I'll catch up later.  Pip pip, cheerio, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment