Friday, March 9, 2012

keats & kenwood

Last night we watched Bright Star as a class after reading some John Keats poetry.  It's a movie about him and his fiance, Fanny Brawne.  I wouldn't recommend it unless you really like super obnoxious, borderline psychotic girls.  But to finish up our studies of Keats, we went to his house today, which has been converted to a museum.  It was really interesting.  Afterward, we headed to Kenwood House, which is a large mansion outside of London.  Several movies have been filmed there, including the scene from Notting Hill where Julia Roberts is filming her movie and Hugh Grant overhears her talking about him.  The house is incredible and it contains a big art collection, including one Vermeer (there's only something like 20 in the world) and a Rembrandt.  I don't really have too much to post about it, but I made a goal to write on my blog more regularly, so I figured I'd at least post a few pictures.

1 comment:

  1. i recognized that house from notting hill! it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete