Saturday, March 17, 2012

happy st. patty's

Since today was St. Patrick's Day, I obviously decided to go to Camden Market and get a burrito.  This is my happy face because I haven't had a burrito in forever.  It's a good thing we didn't take a picture after I took a bite because the only thing burrito-ish about that burrito was that it had a tortilla around it. England fails at making good burritos (and I had such high hopes, since one of the guys making it looked Asian and the other looked Indian). I just noticed that I also look Asian in this picture. Squinty eyes . . .
Then we decided to be adventurous and try a deep-fried candy bar.  The woman who served us was convinced that Americans deep-fry everything (according to her, we even deep-fry hamburgers).  We told her that we actually don't really fry very much and she was shocked.  It's a good thing that this deep-fried candy bar was just okay and I won't be craving them any time in the near future because I don't even want to know how many calories it was.  I shared it with Abby so that makes it acceptable, right?
And then just for good measure, we decided to act a little Irish and go to a pub.  It was decorated all in green and everything.  This old man really didn't want his picture taken.  I didn't want to tell him that I actually could care less whether or not he was in the picture because I was afraid I might hurt his feelings.  There are no pictures of me because I was too busy scarfing down bangers and mash to pose for a picture.
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment