Monday, January 16, 2012

westminster abbey


Today we visited Westminster Abbey.  If it looks familiar to you it might be because this lovely couple was married there.  I love them.  Seriously.  The abbey was really pretty.  It has a different feel than St. Paul's and I think I liked it a little less but it was still incredible.  We saw memorials to many of the past kings and queens and also to famous people like Shakespeare, Chaucer, Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters, and even Lawrence Olivier.  We also saw the House of Parliament, Big Ben, and the London Eye.  The statue above is of Richard the Lionheart. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera today so I just used my phone and a handy app called Instagram. So if the pictures aren't great, you'll just have to forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment