Wednesday, January 25, 2012

hampton court + gardens - henry = wonderful

Hampton Court was amazing.  I didn't love the actual palace as much as Windsor (but that's not surprising because the original parts of the castle are built in the Tudor Style, which is kind of cold and austere).  The real draw for me here were the amazing gardens.  These things were manicured beyond belief.  The grounds are huge and even though it was freezing cold we spent at least an hour there.

I would probably have lived there if I didn't have to be around Henry VIII (Hampton Court was his castle).  Most of the tour was spent focusing on young Henry - conveniently pre-Anne Boleyn - and trying to convince us that he was a decent person.  I don't buy it.  Henry was a terrible person.  Decent people are sometimes upset at their wives, terrible people behead them.  But I digress.  I can't wait to go back to Hampton Court in a few months when it's a little warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment