Friday, February 3, 2012

warwick castle & oxford


On Thursday we went to Warwick Castle.  It was bought a few years back by Madame Toussad's so according to Professor Mason it's kind of like Disneyland (trust me, it's not. But it was still cool).  Afterwards we went to Oxford.  It doesn't have a normal "college campus" feel because it's actually separate colleges that are just collectively called Oxford University.  The buildings are all old and beautiful, but the weather there was miserable.  Like bone-chilling cold.  The tree picture is the courtyard where they filmed a scene for Harry Potter 4 (the one where Mad-Eye Moody turns Malfoy into a bouncing ferret).  Since I'm pretty sure that only like three people actually read this, and those people are Mom, Dad, and Rachael, that won't be very exciting since you probably haven't even seen the fourth movie.  But oh well.  Aren't you proud that my first blog endeavor is so massively popular?  And I must have been in London for a while now because I just tried to spell that "endeavour."  The dreaded o-u-r is getting to me.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool, I love Harry Potter!! Looks like you are having an amazing time. Love all the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! I was way more excited about this than I should have been. And yeah, I'm definitely having an amazing time! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Kaylee this is so fun! And actually, I saw the tree picture and said to my sister, "this looks a lot like something from Hogwarts." Then I read that they filmed a scene from the fourth movie there. I knew it looked familiar :)

    ReplyDelete