Monday, February 20, 2012

if only britain had presidents


Happy Presidents' Day to all of you back in the States.  Unfortunately it turns out that England doesn't celebrate anyone else's presidents (American or otherwise), so today was a normal day for me.  Actually it was the first day of midterms week, which means it was spent studying and taking a two-hour final.  We watched the video I posted above in class today to celebrate, and even though I know my family has already seen it before, I thought it was a fitting tribute despite the fact that it's more about the Declaration of Independence than the presidents of the United States.  I can't wait to get back to America and celebrate them next year.  (Really though, I'll probably cry the first time I hear "I'm Proud to be an American." And that's not even a really meaningful song like the National Anthem . . .)  Happy Presidents' Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment